Monday, March 16, 2009

Countdown

I have been offline for the last couple of weeks, touring the country doing a series of trunk shows. As I wrote about earlier, these events present such an exciting opportunity for me to meet and interact with the women who buy and wear my clothes. It is really thrilling for me to witness the transformations of women dressing in my collection, to see women standing up straighter and taller - feeling good about themselves. It was a great experience and I would really like to thank all the wonderful people i encountered on my travels, the women who enjoyed and appreciated the sessions i gave and to the people who made it all possible for me.

I am back now in Melbourne with under two months to go until the release of the Spring Summer 09/10 collection at Australian Fashion week. On my return i received the production samples for approval, checking for cut, fit and finish. After making notes and adjustments the pieces now move into the next stage; fabrics and colours are approved and the final show samples go into production. The collection is looking fantastic - I am delighted to see the development and can't wait to share it with everyone. As the clothes comes together we are also developing accessories and pulling together the total 'look' of the collection.

While the styles all come together so to does the process of putting together a show. I am so lucky to be working with the amazing Lisa Smith from Agent 25 who is helping with our PR and helping to organise the show.

In other news check out this months Virgin Blue inflight magazine to see our fantastic magenta cowl dress.

No comments: